Thursday, January 22, 2009

The next two months are HUGE. Tickets for Dave Matthews and Phish come out the next two weekends, Umphrey's McGee is playing in Atlanta as are the Wailers, and Phish will play their first concert together in nearly 5 years. As you can see, this is possibly going to be a month that might break the bank for me. However, seeing Phish is absolutely a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity that is hard to resist. Also, because Umphrey's just released their new album (Mantis on 1/20/09), seeing one of their first shows to celebrate the new album is going to be insane.  DMB starts it's first tour without LeRoi Moore (I know he didn't play a single show last year, but playing a full tour with the loss of LeRoi is a different than just playing while he's injured.) I have never seen the Wailers, and i've come to be a big fan of Bob Marley, so i would like to see the band behind the man. 

My order of importnce: 
1) Phish. No doubt absolutely 100%. This might not ever happen again, although my fingers are crossed.
2) DMB. For two reasons, a) Dave always has an amazing show and b) it's on 4/20 and the atmosphere is going to be insane. 
3)Umphrey's McGee. Have never seen them in concert, and everyone says they are better live.
4) the Wailers. I just don't think it's going to work out for me. The Reggae will draw a big crowd in Atlanta, but due to shool, i won't be able to make it. My step sister is going so I'm sure i will hear a lot about it. 

Video of the day is in honor of Umphrey's new CD release. I couldn't get any of the songs from the new album, but here's one of my all-time favorites.




6 comments:

  1. Phorrestal, I would have to agree with the order of your shows. I, myself plan to attend Phish, as well as Dave Matthews Band. I have seen Phish on DVD, and it seemed amazing. I can't even imagine how it will be live. Hopefully I can get tickets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah i agree with the importance too. I have never seen he wailers either but Bob has really grown on me this year and i would love to see one of their shows

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Mr. Forrestal,
    You forgot about Britney Spears on March 5. Really?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually Tommy I don't really think any of those shows would be good at all. I'm more of a Toby kind of guy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dearest Ms. Stubbs,
    Britney Spears doesn't produce music, nor will she ever. Her "concert" that will be on March 5 is not, in fact, a concert. However, it is a gathering of over-caffeinated teens that are still living in the days of the late 90s' "pop." Sorry if this disappoints anyone, but the world needs to give Britney a break so she can possible resume a "normal" life.

    ReplyDelete